Mental Health and Addictions Institute
November 17 - 21, 2014
Westin Prince Hotel, Toronto
About this Event:
The Mental Health & Addictions Institute is a five-day program designed for nurses and other health-care professionals who want to increase their knowledge and build skills and capacity when engaging with clients and families who experience mental health and addiction issues.
This course will provide an introduction to mental health and addiction assessment and evidence-based interventions. We explore key concepts such as social determinants of health, trauma and harm reduction to assist you in gaining a deeper understanding of how to work with clients across the lifespan.
- use the concepts of stigma and cultural competency to reflect on their current practice.
- develop foundational knowledge and skills in the area of mental health and addictions.
- demonstrate the application of best practices when assessing and intervening with clients with mental health and addiction issues.
- learn how to apply motivational interviewing principles as a counselling.
- demonstrate effective techniques to address mental health and addictions with your clients across the lifespan.
- discuss the impact of social determinants of health on the lives of clients and families living with mental health and addiction issues.
Sent from Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario Home Office, 158 Pearl St. Toronto ON M5H 1L3
Questions regarding the authenticity of this e-mail? Contact us at 1 800 268 7199.