Join our professional team of Registered Nurses as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we’re looking for a Full- Time Registered Nurse to join our Outpatient Mental Health and Addiction Services.
Are you a compassionate RN who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.
Reporting Relationship: Manager of Mental Health
Hourly Rate Range: $32.21 - $46.11
Schedule Requirements: Day shift Monday to Friday, some evenings may be required
Location: Wilson Site
Employee Group: ONA
- Assist in processing of program referrals via our centralized intake
- Assessment and treatment of patients in the Outpatient Mental Health Service, with special emphasis on those individuals with serious and persistent mental illness.
- Participate in clinic activities, including the depot medication injection clinic and clozapine clinic if required.
- Deliver individual/group treatment and psycho-education for patients and/or their families in our clinic as well as our Adult Day Treatment Program.
- Evaluate and perform psychiatric and physical status history/assessment of patients who are referred to the program and provide follow-up as required.
- Facilitate strong working relationships within our internal Mental Health and Addictions programs as well as within our community partners.
- Current registration with CNO required.
- Current BCLS certification required or demonstrated competency.
- BScN or degree in health sciences preferred.
- Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing required or willingness to obtain when eligible to do so.
- Two years’ experience in Mental Health required; two years’ experience in working with patients who have serious and persistent mental illness preferred.
- Excellent assessment skills using a bio-psycho-social model required.
- Experience/trained in providing group treatment/education to patients.
- Excellent familiarity with psychotropic medications (e.g. clozapine) and ability to administer depot medication.
- Experience with addictions care is an asset
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and CTO’s.
- Familiarity with the interplay between substance use and mental health symptoms.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work autonomously as well as a part of the interdisciplinary team.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
Interested applicants are required to apply online at www.hrh.ca/careers. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital