We currently have an opportunity for a Temporary Full Time Registered Nurse in the SUNPACT Mental Health Department located 2075 Bayview Avenue. At Sunnybrook, it’s about more than delivering quality patient care, pioneering non-invasive medicine, or exceeding all expectations for customer service excellence. It’s about having the opportunity to be more challenged, more engaged, more fulfilled as a professional and as an individual, recognized for your personal contributions to the future of Sunnybrook and of cutting-edge health care.
As one of Canada’s premier academic health sciences centres, we impact the lives of one million patients every year who count on us when it matters most. And, as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we have a vibrant culture where all members of our team are encouraged to continue to learn and grow, to achieve more, to be more innovative and go the extra mile in their day-to-day encounters with patients, families and each other.
The RN is responsible for providing patient care and case management to clients in the community with severe and persistent mental illness, in accordance with a Patient Focused Care philosophy.
- Current College of Nurses of Ontario registration
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- Current BCLS Certificate required
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification required
- Psychiatric Nursing/Mental Health Certification preferred
- Previous community mental health and case management experience required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with patients with severe and persistent mental illness
- Ability to work independently, and interdependently within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of psychotropic medications
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License required in order to travel extensively within the catchment area
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters in one document quoting 182054 to:
Human Resources Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
Please follow the link provided: