Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Patient Care Manager, Mental Health Services (Full-Time)
The Patient Care Manager, Mental Health Services is responsible for ensuring that patient care and services are delivered in accordance with the Hospital’s vision, strategic directions and goals including be excellent, lead wisely and build community. This is achieved in partnership with the Clinical Resource Leader (CRL) and the Advanced Practice Nurse by leading the provision of patient and family centered care, encouraging people, ensuring value, and inspiring innovation. The Patient Care Manager consistently uses best practices in: leadership, business management innovation, planning and goal setting, process enhancement and standardization, project and change management, team development and performance, communication and problem solving. The Patient Care Manager also manages financial and human resources to ensure optimal and accountable performance of the unit/ service areas. The Manager shares responsibility with practice leaders (Clinical Resource Leader and Advanced Practice Nurse) in ensuring a quality practice setting, based on evidence-supported clinical practice standards that inspire staff to achieve service excellence reflected by high levels of patient satisfaction within a culture of safety and learning.
- Baccalaureate Degree in nursing required, Masters in nursing or a related field,
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum of five (5) years recent related clinical experience within an acute care mental health hospital setting, at least two years in a leadership capacity required
- Demonstrated proven ability to engage staff in patient focused, evidence based high quality patient care required
- Strong leadership skills including demonstrated effectiveness with designing, planning, managing projects and change management is required
- Demonstrated business acumen required
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of risk management and best practice related to patient and staff safety and continuous quality improvement required
- Demonstrated superior problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills required
- Demonstrated ability to forecast, plan and monitor the operating and capital equipment budget for areas of responsibility required
- Broad knowledge of patient care population service challenges and program/ service research required
- Sound labour and employee relations skills - experience in a unionized environment essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. required
- Demonstrated knowledge of organizational structures and functions
- Demonstrated embodiment of MGH Core values; proven ability to work effectively as a team member required
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for patients, staff and the advancement of professional practice required
- Knowledge of scheduling and staffing principles and experience with staffing required
- Demonstrated ability to develop a healthy workplace including fair and equitable work practices required.
- Working knowledge of clinical/administrative computer software, including MS office, scheduling and payroll systems required.
- Good work and attendance record required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume indicating IPMHP1707 Patient Care Manager, Mental Health Services in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart