London Health Sciences Centre, Ontario’s largest employer and premier health facility, has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for an experienced mental health professional who wants to be challenged to make a difference in people’s lives through compassionate, high quality care and innovation. This is for you!
Reporting to the CEPS (Centralized Emergency Psychiatry Service) Coordinator, the Registered Nurse provides primary care including comprehensive assessment and triage for the clients in the Emergency Department who present with mental health issues. The CEPS Registered Nurse works within the context of a collaborative interdisciplinary team reflecting the principles of patient centred care within an emergency room setting.
Regular Full-Time and Regular Part Time positions available
Rate of Pay: $32.21 per hour - $46.11 per hour
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers course: BLS-HCP(C) for which you can provide proof upon request
- Successful completion of a Canadian Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Certification CPMHN(c) preferred
- Minimum one year recent, related experience working in an acute mental health care program
- Demonstrated ability to proficiently conduct a mental health care assessment for intervention and treatment preferred
- Demonstrated crisis assessment and intervention skills
- Knowledge of community services and services across the mental health care continuum preferred
- Knowledge of various acts including Mental Health, PIPEDA, PHIPA preferred
- Knowledge of co-ordination of health care issues, mental health act, acute and tertiary health care system
- Demonstrated commitment to work effectively with community partners and as part of a trans-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (both written & oral) including negotiation, consensus building and conflict resolution skills with the ability to interact with others in a respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and to function independently in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to the principles of patient family centred care
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to patient and staff safety at LHSC
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis
London Health Sciences Centre fosters a culture of patient and staff safety whereby all employees are guided by LHSC's Mission, Vision, Values and Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a safe, healthy and inclusive work environment that inspires respect. LHSC encourages applications from persons with disabilities and we are committed to providing accommodations upon request.
To apply please visit our eCareers website at www.lhsc.on.ca and apply to Job Posting 57554.