Position Available: REGISTERED NURSE
Status: Regular Part-Time
Department: Community Mental Health Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic
Shifts: Days (Evenings as required)
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community based hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the opportunity to engage in a dynamic environment with a leadership team committed to performance and leadership excellence. We offer a culture of engagement, continuous quality improvement, a commitment to wellness and have been acknowledged as a Top Employer for three years running. Join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new Strategic Plan and as we enjoy the development of our new seven-story patient tower. We are thrilled to have nearly doubled our footprint with 172 new, modern in-patient beds, a new Emergency Department, surgical suites, ICU, NICU and expanded cancer clinic.
The Joseph Brant Hospital Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Service (CAPS) provides outpatient psychiatric consultation, assessment and short term treatment to meet the needs of children, adolescents and their families.
The Community Mental Health Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Service (CAPS) is seeking a part-time Registered Nurse to join their multidisciplinary team.
- Current certificate of competence in the Province of Ontario; Degree preparation preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years current experience in a Child & Adolescent psychiatric clinical setting.
- Demonstrated strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of Psychiatric Disorders in the Child & Adolescent population.
- Knowledge of child & adolescent growth and development (intellectual, emotional, spiritual, physical).
- Knowledge of current evidence based treatment options for children & adolescents with mental health needs.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology for children & adolescents with psychiatric disorders.
- Demonstrated ability to assess children & adolescent’s mental and functional status.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate, plan and implement care plans with children, adolescent and their families
- Awareness of family dynamics, parenting issues and multicultural issues
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (i.e. Child and Family Services Act; Mental Health Act etc.).
- Advocates for the client and family within the context of institutional, professional, family and community interests
- Maintains confidentiality of client information.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills to enable documentation of clinical data
- Knowledge and experience in group approaches for the Child & Adolescent psychiatry population an asset
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly because regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Posting #: 0000002188
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.