Position Available: Registered Nurse
Department: Psychiatric Emergency Services
Shifts: Days/Evening/Nights/Weekends/Extended Tours
Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH) is a visionary community based hospital, demonstrating commitment to strong successful relationships between its patients, their families and its health care teams. You will have the opportunity to engage in a dynamic environment with a leadership team committed to performance and leadership excellence. We offer a culture of engagement, continuous quality improvement, a commitment to wellness and have been acknowledged as a Top Employer for three years running. Join JBH as it embraces the possibilities of a new Strategic Plan and as we enjoy the development of our new seven-story patient tower. We are thrilled to have nearly doubled our footprint with 172 new, modern in-patient beds, a new Emergency Department, surgical suites, ICU, NICU and expanded cancer clinic.
The Crisis Team is seeking a Casual/Relief Registered Nurse to join their multidisciplinary team. The successful incumbent will be a highly skilled clinician responsible for providing psychiatric/mental health assessment, consultation, treatment recommendations/referrals and education to all individuals presenting to the ED experiencing mental health crisis or problems.
- Three (3) years’ experience in an emergency/community mental health setting providing assessment, consultation, treatment and education to the target population;
- Current Certificate of Competence in the Province of Ontario, preference given to BScN prepared candidates
- Demonstrated clinical skills including crisis intervention, risk assessment and mental health status examination;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Mental Health Act and ongoing clinical trends;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with Psychiatrists and other multi-disciplinary team members;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and oral/written communication skills;
- Demonstrated willingness to act as an educational and clinical resource to team members, students, clients and community agencies;
- Ability/willingness to embrace new best practices in the delivery of service;
- Basic computer skills or willingness to learn required electronic documentation and Ministry required data collection;
- Demonstrated reliable attendance, punctuality and availability.
PLEASE NOTE: Extended 12 hour shifts. Assignment subject to change based on the needs of the department.
Employees are expected to demonstrate our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence; to our patients, families and each other; attend work regularly because regular attendance is critical to maintaining this level of excellence.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply by clicking the "Apply for Job" button and proceed with the necessary steps. Please note that although we appreciate each and every application, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Posting #: 0000002261
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-3737 ext. 4129.
Joseph Brant Hospital is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-632-37 ext. 4129.
HUMAN RESOURCES | email@example.com | Fax: 905-336-6486