Michael Garron Hospital (MGH) is an award-winning hospital and one of Toronto's best-kept secrets. As Ontario’s leading community teaching hospital, MGH has proudly served the diverse, multi-cultural community of east Toronto since 1929 and is known for its friendliness and sense of community within Canada's largest city. Recognized as a leader in workplace wellness and offering a quality work environment focused on learning and development, MGH invests in people to meet their professional goals and to reach their personal best.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as a
Registered Nurse, Assertive Community Treatment Program (Full-Time)
As part of a multi-disciplinary team the RN will have an opportunity to participate on a community based outreach team. The primary focus will be to provide, to persons with serious long term mental illness, clinical management, support and skill teaching in the environment of the client's choice. Reporting to the Manager, the RN will carry a client caseload and work collaboratively with other team members. The RN will share their discipline specific knowledge with the team to ensure clients’ physical and mental wellness is optimized. The RN may offer client groups.
- Current Certificate of Registration issued by the College of Nurses in Ontario
- BCLS Required
- 2 years of recent relevant clinical experience in a mental health setting preferred
- 1 year of recent relevant experience nursing in a community setting with clients in the mental health system required
- Demonstrated skills in psychosocial assessments, counseling and crisis management required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the ACT model and the Recovery model required
- Demonstrated Familiarity with the Mental Health Act and other related legislation required
- Strong communication (written & verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Demonstrated computer proficiency required (familiarity with TREAT, Microsoft Office is preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to provide ongoing education to clients to support client focused care
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent client service
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills; proven ability to problem solving required
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a highly skilled multidisciplinary team required
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and to work well independently required
- Demonstrated motivation to pursue educational goals and remain current
- Demonstrated knowledge of substance misuse and clients suffering with concurrent disorders would be preferred
- Good work and attendance record required
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume indicating ACTP1702- RN, Assertive Community Treatment Program in the subject line to: email@example.com
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart