Leading the Future of Mental Health Care
Regular Full-Time Opportunities
Registered Nurses/Registered Psychiatric Nurses
Child & Adolescent Mental Health
BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver, BC Canada
Are you a qualified RN/RPN looking to grow professionally and provide trauma informed care to the paediatric mental health population? As a nurse at BC Children’s Hospital (BCCH) you will work with an entire spectrum of our paediatric psychiatric patients, including: mood and anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders, eating disorders, concurrent disorders, ADHD, personality traits, pervasive developmental disorders, learning disorders, and intellectual disabilities. Our inpatient units provide assessment, stabilization and initial treatment for acutely psychiatrically ill children and adolescents.
This position offers you the opportunity to work within the models of trauma informed practice, ARC, family centered care, recovery, and collaborative problem solving; working both independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team. The team includes psychiatrists, psychologists, paediatricians, social work, occupational therapy, youth and family counsellors, and the community services involved in follow up care.
You will be challenged to use your excellent communication and interpersonal skills to provide clinical leadership through holistic nursing assessments, crisis intervention, patient and family education and health promotion activities. Using your strong organizational skills to consult, confer and collaborate with other health care providers and family members to develop, implement, and evaluate individualized strength-based treatment plans. Most importantly you will practice your established competencies to build, maintain and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
Child & Adolescent Inpatient Units at BCCH include:
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Emergency (CAPE)
- Child Psychiatry Inpatient Unit
- Provincial Specialized Eating Disorders Program for Children & Adolescents
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Graduation from a recognized program in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia
- (CRNBC) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of British Columbia (CRPNBC)
- One (1) year of recent experience working in a child/adolescent psychiatric pediatric mental
- health care setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR Training – Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) – Level 1
Work as a Mental Health Nurse at the world renowned BC Children’s Hospital and receive:
- A comprehensive benefits package
- Generous vacation allowance
- Continued education
- Work/life balance
- Excellent relocation assistance (if applicable)
Gurdeep Gill, Talent Acquisition Advisor
You can also apply online at jobs.phsa.ca.
For more information about BC Children’s Hospital, please visit the website at bcchildrens.ca.
BCCH is an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) which plans, manages
and evaluates specialty and province-wide health care services across BC. PHSA embodies
values that reflect a commitment to excellence. These include:
Respect People - Be Compassionate - Dare to Innovate - Cultivate Partnerships - Serve with Purpose