Mental Health Therapist
Regular Full Time
Posting End Date: 05-JUL-2018
Salary Range: $39.42 – $52.36
Vehicle Requirement: Driver's License, Vehicle Provided
Barrhead Mental Health Services program has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mental Health Therapist CH/AS/NL in a generalist role. If you are committed and passionate about providing excellent Mental Health Services to adults, youth, children and families, then this is the ideal career opportunity for you. The beautiful community of Barrhead, located north of Edmonton, is part of the historic Klondike Trail and is the centre of one of Alberta's richest agricultural and forestry areas. With a population of 4,500 and growing, living in a small town that’s close to a big city offers the best of all worlds. Not only is Barrhead vibrant and progressive, Barrhead also offers a safe, caring, and welcoming environment with lots of recreational activities, clubs, and social events to keep residents busy. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will provide consultation, assessment, treatment, crisis intervention, and case management to persons across the age continuum who present with a variety of Mental Health issues and concerns. Utilizing a variety of treatment modalities, you will provide individual, family and group psychotherapy. Your responsibilities will also include working in partnership with and providing clinically focused consultation to community agencies and other health care providers in the delivery of mental health services. The Mental Health Therapist is responsible for the delivery of evidence-based therapeutic counseling and support interventions. This position reports to the Area Manager of Addiction and Mental Health Services, under the supervision of a Clinical Supervisor. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
As the Mental Health Therapist, you will be required to perform the restricted activity of psychosocial intervention utilizing a variety of treatment modalities (individual, family, group) to persons experiencing significant mental health difficulties. Working both independently and as a member of a collaborative multidisciplinary team, you will provide evidence informed and best practices in crisis intervention, assessment, consultation, referral, case management and treatment.
- Completion of one of the following programs: o Master's degree in Psychology.
- Master's degree in Social Work (clinical specialization) including education in mental health assessment and psychotherapy and who have Psychosocial Intervention Authorization.
- Master's degree in Occupational Therapy including training and experience in mental health assessment and provision of psychotherapy.
- Master's degree in Nursing including training and experience in mental health assessment and provision of psychotherapy.
- Active or eligible for registration with the applicable regulatory college.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Completion of one of the following programs will be considered:
- Bachelor of Social Work including training and experience in mental health assessment and psychotherapy and who have Psychosocial Intervention Authorization.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with:
- Related Master’s degree including training in mental health assessment and provision of psychotherapy or, experience in mental health assessment and provision of Psychotherapy.
- Two years of community mental health experience, with an ability to provide generalist services to rural population.
- Understanding of developmental issues of children and youth, and proven experience working with this population.
- Demonstrated communication, organizational and clinical skills coupled with the ability to be self-directed, highly motivated and work effectively within a team.
- A Bachelor's degree in Social Work and five years of experience providing direct client services in addiction and mental health may be considered.
- A combination of education and clinical experience satisfactory to the employer may also be considered.
Apply online and join our team today! Go to ahs.ca/careers and click Apply Now, then search for requisition #ALB00023695