Peterborough Regional Health Centre is currently recruiting part-time
Registered Nurses in Mental Health Services
The RN, as one of the providers of health care, has a unique role in promoting health, in preventing illness, and in helping clients attain and maintain the highest level of health possible. S/he is responsible for providing comprehensive care to patients, with predictable and unpredictable outcomes who may or may not be clinically stable. The RN practices in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario Professional Standards.
- Current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Recent related experience in Mental Health Services (within last 5 years); or alternatively completion of a College level Mental Health certificate; or commitment to undertaking such a certificate with completion within 2 years of commencing employment.
- Excellent verbal communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with patients, staff, physicians and the community.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of psychiatric/mental health illnesses and medications used in treatment of such illnesses.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful/crisis situations.
- Current BCLS.
- CPI certificate would be an asset.
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills would be an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a good attendance record and meet the performance standards of the Health Centre
Interested individuals should forward their resumes or inquiries, quoting Job #15-352abc in the subject line, to:
Stephanie Mejia, Human Resources Generalist
Peterborough Regional Health Centre
While the Health Centre appreciates your expression of interest in this position(s), only those applicants selected for an interview will be notified.