Mental Health Therapist CH/AS/NL
Requisition #: 396392
Posting Close Date: 2017-06-02
City: Whitecourt, AB
Rates of Pay: $39.42 – $52.36 per hour
We are looking for an enthusiastic mental health professional to join our team here in Whitecourt as our Mental Health Therapist. Whitecourt, a bustling town of approximately 11,000, is situated 90 minutes northwest of Edmonton and a little over two hours northeast of Jasper National Park. We offer big city advantages and amenities but the friendly, down-to-earth lifestyle accustomed to rural Alberta. Life in Whitecourt will keep you active with our multiple recreation facilities, four rivers, and outdoor trail system, earning us the title of the Snowmobile Capital of Alberta. If you're looking for the chance to work to your full scope of practice all the while having work-life balance, the position of a Mental Health Therapist in Whitecourt is for you.
As an integral member of a multidisciplinary team, you will provide intake services, crisis intervention, assessment, consultation, referral, case management, diagnostic, and treatment services to persons of all ages experiencing significant mental health difficulties. As our Mental Health Therapist, you will utilize a variety of treatment modalities while you undertake individual and group interventions.
As our Mental Health Therapist, your responsibilities will also include working in partnership with and providing consultation to community agencies, other professionals, and physicians in the continuum of addiction and mental health care.
Services may be delivered in the clinic, in the community or virtually using technology.
Alberta Health Services offers a work environment that provides support and opportunities for personal achievement and career growth. We support on-going professional development through funding, internal and external educational opportunities. For our eligible employees, we provide a comprehensive benefits plan to enhance the health and well-being of our employees and their families. This may include (but is not limited to) health, dental, vision, disability and lifestyle considerations.
This position is open to Registered Nurses, Registered Psychiatric Nurses, Registered Social Workers, Registered Psychologists, and Occupational Therapists.
Social Workers and Psychologists:
- Master's degree in Social Work or Psychology with 2 years of recent mental health experience.
- Active registration with the Alberta College of Social Work (ACSW) or the College of Alberta Psychologists (CAP).
- Master's degree with 5 years of recent mental health therapy experience.
- Active registration with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT).
Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses:
- Diploma (Bachelor's preferred) in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing with 5-7 years of recent mental health experience.
- Master's degree in Nursing with 2 years of recent mental health experience.
- Active registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) or the College of Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Alberta (CRPNA).
- Equivalencies in education and experience may be considered.
- A strong working knowledge of psychiatric disorders is essential.
- Recent experience in conducting intake assessments and dealing with clients in crisis.
- Knowledge and experience in individual counseling.
- Ability to use a variety of treatment modalities, including crisis intervention, case management, brief therapies, and single session walk-in.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, exceptional leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Active and supportive team member.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- A valid driver's license required.