Join our professional team of Registered Nurses as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
Humber River Hospital is committed to revolutionizing patient care for our diverse community. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University.
Right now we’re looking for a Part-Time Registered Nurse to work in our Adult Inpatient Psychiatric Unit within the Mental Health and Addictions Program.
Are you a compassionate RN who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.
Reporting Relationship: Manager of Mental Health
Hourly Rate Range: $32.21 - $46.11
Schedule Requirements: Must be able to work all day/evening/nights shift, subject to change based on unit needs
Location: Wilson Site
Employee Group: ONA
- R.N. responsibilities for the assessment and treatment of mental health patients in the acute phase of the illness.
- Effective use of the primary care nursing model.
- Ability to perform mental status examination and crisis intervention.
- Resource/team leader responsibilities.
- Individual/group counselling, individual supportive intervention and therapeutic group activities
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification or demonstrated competency.
- BScN or a degree in health sciences preferred.
- Minimum 2 years recent mental health nursing experience is preferred.
- Formal CPI certification preferred.
- Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing required or willingness to obtain when eligible to do so.
- Funding/payment for certification is the individual's responsibility with guidance from the Hospital.
- Excellent psychiatric assessment and risk assessment skills.
- Phlebotomy skills an asset.
- Experience with chronically mentally ill patients.
- Understanding of functional psychiatric illnesses, addictions and treatments.
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and RAI-MH assessment.
- Crisis intervention skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to effectively work in a stressful fast paced acute patient care environment.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
Interested applicants are required to apply online at www.hrh.ca/careers. We thank all candidates that apply but only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
This position will be filled in accordance to the Ontario Nurses Association (ONA) collective agreement.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital