WHO WE ARE:
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is a public hospital that provides inpatient, outpatient and consultation services for people with complex mental illness. Our patients benefit from a recovery-oriented environment of care built compassion, inspiration and hope. We engage in research, education and advocacy initiatives to advance the mental health care system and are proud to work with partners across the continuum of care. If you thrive on innovation and positive change, and share our vision of Recovering Best Health, Nurturing Hope and Inspiring Discovery, Ontario Shores is the place for you.
In support of Ontario Shores Center for Mental Health Sciences’ mission, vision and goals, the Clinical Practice Leader (CPL) demonstrates leadership in clinical excellence, education and research. The Clinical Practice Leader works collaboratively in support of corporate initiatives and/or program-specific issues related to clinical practice through the identification of the need for, implementation and evaluation of educational programs to assist staff to acquire and/or maintain the knowledge, skill and clinical judgment for safe performance in the delivery of quality recovery oriented client centered care.
The CPL role as professional practice consultant, resource, and mentor to individuals, groups and/or the organization, fosters an environment of ongoing learning and evidence-based practice. The CPL provides specialized knowledge in the current development and trends in mental health and legislation; demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, theories and methods; identifies and delivers effective educational programs across the centre and determines content by correlating theory and practice, method of instruction, target audience and available resources. The CPL collaborates with and mentors the Clinical Educators in their duties and responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED & PREFERRED;
- Masters in Health Science/Nursing/Education or other health care related degree is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years recent clinical experience, mental health preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in education/teaching.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in adult education and mental health.
- Demonstrates teaching/learning skills based on the principles of mentorship and adult learning
- A member in good standing with regulatory college.
- Member of Professional Association (i.e. RNAO, OSOT).
- CNA CPMHN(C) certification or other mental health specialization or certification preferred.
- Ability to actively demonstrate role competency and leadership in:
- Excellence in collaborative interpersonal relationships
- Clinical excellence
- Professionalism, ongoing professional development
- Leadership skills
- Communication, facilitation collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills, effective teamwork
- Problem solving skills, critical thinking and complex analysis
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislation related to professional practice.
- Proven good attendance record with capabilities of maintaining this same standard.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in Information Technology
Title: Clinical Practice Leader
Competition #: 328-15
Posting Date: November 3, 2015
Closing Date: November 12, 2015
Please forward your resume, before closing date, to:
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
Human Resources Department - Competition #328-15
700 Gordon Street, Whitby Ontario L1N 5S9
Fax 905-430-4036 * Email: email@example.com
Personal information you provide to Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences (Ontario Shores) is collected pursuant to the Public Hospitals Act R.S.O 1990, c. P.40. It will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility for employment. At all times it will be treated in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have questions about the collection of your personal information, please refer to the Privacy & Access pages on the Ontario Shores website or contact the Leader, Privacy & Access at 700 Gordon St. Whitby, ON L1N 5S9;
905-430-4055 ext. 6712. Upon request, individual accommodation can be provided to applicants who meet the required qualifications outlined in the job descriptions, and have been invited for an interview. For questions and concerns, please contact Human Resources at 905.430.4055 ext. 6191.