Be part of VCH’s innovative Mental Health and Addictions’ Programs!
Head Nurse (DC3) – Access and Assessment Center: Vancouver General Hospital - Mental Health & Addictions
VCH is one of Canada’s largest health care service providers, delivering a full spectrum of care from acute to rehabilitation to residential and community care.
Mental Health & Addictions Access and Assessment Centre:
Our new Mental Health & Addictions Access and Assessment Centre (MH&A AAC) will serve as a single point of access for all Vancouver adults in need of urgent assessments and Home Health and MH&A services. Operating 24 hours per day, the AAC will provide better, more easily accessible care and eliminate the need for clients to navigate a complicated system or default to the Emergency Department (ED). Our aim is to reduce 70% of unnecessary ED visits, a reduction of 4,000 visits per year.
About the Job
The Head Nurse administrates/oversees and provides supervision to designated staff and team professionals including continuous communications, conflict resolution, performance recognition, coaching, performance management, safe work practices, workload and staffing issues. Conducts Attendance Wellness Promotion (AWP), Respectful Workplace, accommodation and other meetings in conjunction with an HR Advisor. Recruits, hires, selects, mentors and retains staff.
Oversees all aspects of patient care delivery and the daily activities of designated programs/areas. Liaises with key stakeholders on the achievement of quality indicators and program goals and objectives. Ensures a high standard of care while promoting interdisciplinary practice and ensuring a safe environment for staff and patients. Quality patient care is supported through a patient/family centered care model in accordance with established standards of professional practice and the vision and values of the organization.
- Current practicing registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC) is required.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing.
- Five (5) years recent related experience in an appropriate area of clinical practice within a large complex health organization.
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and resolution skills that include three (3) years supervisory leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience using a variety of software applications including presentation, word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
For more information and to apply, please visit careers.vch.ca and search for Job Reference # 079293
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.