Kinark Child and Family Services is a leading child and youth service organization in Ontario, which provides a wide range of evidence-based services that include individual, family and group counselling for children and youth with complex needs and their families. Kinark’s three program streams include: Community-Based Child and Youth Mental Health, Autism, and Forensic Mental Health/Youth Justice.
Want to help children and youth with complex needs?
Come join our team!
Kinark: Helping children and youth with complex needs achieve better life outcomes.
We currently have an opportunity for a:
Program Registered Nurse
Community Mental Health (CMH) East Program – Peterborough
Regular, Part-Time –14 hours/week (may be required to work evenings based on client needs)
Pay Scale: $35.23 - $37.01 - $38.83
Reporting to the Chief of Nursing and the Program Director, Community Mental Health East, the Program Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing services and consultation to clients and staff to the CMH East Program. This includes providing consultation to clients in milieu, office and community settings. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Program Registered Nurse is also responsible for providing direct service (assessment and treatment) to clients as required, and for liaising with external community health resources and facilities. In addition, the Program Registered Nurse will provide leadership regarding medical standards, first aid, nutrition, and human sexual development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in intake and discharge planning by reviewing and obtaining (if necessary) required medical and psychiatric information.
- Assist in the development of treatment plans for children and families in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Facilitate clients’ access to external medical resources and facilities as required.
- Liaise with other health care professionals regarding clients care.
- Provide consultation to the interdisciplinary team regarding medical/psychiatric issues.
- Participate in training activities for staff in areas deemed appropriate to the expertise and resources of the Program Registered Nurse.
- Provide on-going direct nursing care to Kinark clients and families and maintain accurate complete documentation, as required.
- Oversee the administration and documentation of medications to residential clients
- Monitor clients’ use of medications and response to medications, as appropriate.
- Provide medication training to staff including administration, the medication’s purpose, desired effects and possible side effects.
- Support and promote quality practice and adherence to the College of Nurse of Ontario Standards of Practice
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Current member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Certification as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse, an asset.
- Current First Aid/CPR Level C certificate.
- Excellent clinical nursing skills with experience in psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Excellent communication and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Strong working knowledge of adolescent health.
- Knowledge of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Dialectical behavior therapy would be an asset.
- Ability to assess, plan and implement a personalized approach to service delivery.
- Knowledge of municipal and provincial requirements for medical and psychiatric protocol, public health standards and occupational health and safety issues.
- Travel is required for this position; the successful candidate must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to obtain automobile insurance which includes driving for business purposes with a minimum liability of one million dollars.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre- Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given special consideration.
Interested applicants should submit their résumés
Kinark Child and Family Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 474-9595.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.