Director, Mental Health and Addictions
Regular Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Salary: Commensurate with experience/qualifications
Posting Date: February 5, 2016
Closing Date: Open until filled
The IWK Health Centre is an internationally recognized academic health sciences centre located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, providing tertiary and primary care for two million women, children, youth and families across the Maritime region. We are an academic health sciences centre respected for our world-class research and affiliated with Dalhousie University.
This is a key time within our Mental Health & Addictions program, as we carry out a mandate informed by the needs of our patients and families; to become a Trauma Informed Care organization, to guide and support the alignment of child and adolescent service delivery across the province, to share knowledge and expertise to enhance the provincial Choice and Partnership Approach (CAPA) integration, and to lead Health Service Planning to set the strategic direction for responsive program delivery. Our program will continue to evolve and strengthen through partnerships, creative use of resources and through the talent of our 3200 employees supporting our patients and their families.
Reporting to the Vice President-Patient Care, the Director is the senior administrative and clinical lead, responsible for patient and family-centred care within the Mental Health & Addictions program. Operating in a co-leadership relationship with the Chief of Psychiatry at the IWK, the Director ensures that the Program has the appropriate strategy, annual business plan, budgets, policies, processes and procedures to deliver effective mental health and addictions care and services to the patients and families served by the IWK Health Centre. The Director is directly responsible for the hiring, coaching, development, and performance of direct reports, and ensuring that the program has effective staffing and models of care to deliver accessible services, based on evidence and best practices.
We are searching for a respected leader in the field of Mental Health & Addictions with the following profile of qualifications:
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated health care leadership, preferably in a Director capacity.
- Have coached, developed and led high performance teams with a strong track record of continuous improvement and measurable outcomes.
- A Masters level preparation in a health administration and clinical profession linked to Mental Health and Addictions practice.
- Successful, strategic contribution to effective clinical service delivery, enhanced patient safety and advanced level practice in the field of Mental Health and Addictions within an organization.
- Commitment to Mental Health and Addictions programs and services.
- Relevant and current professional credentials, licensed in your health-related discipline.
- The ability to work within and contribute to a scope of work practice that is national, provincial, regional and community-based.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining strategic partnerships. Above all, you have achieved these results through collaboration and well-honed project management skills.
- The IWK Health Centre endorses and evaluates its leaders using the LEADS in a Caring Environment Framework. As a result, we are also seeking and assessing final candidates, and their ability to develop other leaders, in the five key capabilities: Lead Self; Engage Others; Achieve Results; Develop Coalitions; Systems Transformation
For a confidential discussion, call Arlene MacAskill (902.470.3939) or apply at: https://www.careerbeacon.com/corpprof/iwk/
Thank you for your interest in working with the IWK Health Centre. Successful applicants are required to provide a criminal record check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), proof of applicable education and NS registration to Human Resources as a condition of employment.