Are you a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse passionate about making a difference in the lives of marginalized individuals within the community? BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services has an exciting opportunity for a Forensics Community & Liaison Nurse, based out of our Vancouver Regional Forensics Clinic.
The Forensics Community & Liaison Nurse, FPSC Clinics, works as part of a multidisciplinary forensic psychiatric community mental health team to provide a defined range of community forensic mental health nursing services to mentally disordered individuals in conflict with the law and to clients who are referred to Forensic Psychiatric Regional Programs. Working under the general direction of the Regional Clinic Manager, you will assess, treat, provide case coordination, and coordinate services by:
- Conducting initial intake and ongoing biopsychosocial nursing psychiatric assessments within the context of a biopsychosocial framework and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) standards of professional practice and Code of Ethics
- Providing nursing services, information, and support to clients by addressing immediate social or mental health needs
- Providing counseling/therapeutic support through such means as assisting in finding food, shelter, financial, and employment/skills training; providing advice and information about mental illness, personality disorders, range of treatment options available, court processes, community options, and resources and education on mental illness; as well as educating clients about benefits and possible side effects of medications
- Identifying, developing, and implementing an Integrated Treatment Plan (ITP) based on the evaluation of clinical risk and need through the completion of the Short-term Assessment of Risk & Treatability (START).
- Ensuring continuity of care by working in collaboration with private psychiatrists, family physicians, probation, other specialists, and social services agencies to provide community case coordination and advocacy services for clients
- A diploma in Nursing or Psychiatric Nursing
- Two (2) years’ recent, related experience working with individuals in the community with severe and persistent psychiatric illness
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- A Valid BC Driver’s License.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate.
If this sounds like you, apply online today! www.phsa.ca/careers
For more information, contact Sheila Johnston at email@example.com or 604-875-7154 or 604-875-7154
As part of the provincial mental health services continuum, BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) provides a diverse range of specialized, "one-of-a-kind" tertiary mental health and substance use services to adults across the province. These include services located at the Forensic Psychiatric Hospital and six regional clinics, the Burnaby Centre for Mental Health & Addiction, and Heartwood Centre for Women. In addition to delivering these clinical services, BCMHSUS provides provincial leadership for system-wide improvement through its work in: health promotion and illness prevention; knowledge exchange; and research and academic teaching.
- Regular Part-Time (0.50 FTE) position
- Wage: $34.31 - $44.81 per hour
- Hours: 0830-1630 Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; and Wednesday, Thursday (alternating weeks)
- Reference number: 77007