Position: Registered Nurse
Unit/Department: Consultation & Liaison Addiction Services
Reports To: Clinical Team Manager
Hours: 1.0 FTE, Monday to Friday, days, 8 hour shifts
Status: Full Time Regular
Hourly Rate of Pay: $31.02
IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital, we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centred care, and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you, too, can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
To provide patient/family driven care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. The Registered Nurse will deliver mental health consultation with an emphasis on addictions. The priority is to provide assessment, education, prevention, maintenance and restoration of health in a supportive and culturally sensitive manner.
This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Nursing required, Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or equivalent preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification (BCLS).
- Current Medication Certificate.
- Post degree Addictions certificate or equivalent.
- Certification in Crisis Intervention by Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), preferred.
- Certificate in Mental Health Nursing from a recognized community college, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience preferred.
- Certificate in Addictions, preferred.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO).
- Clinical competencies to manage patients with a variety of addiction and mental health conditions.
- Expertise in counselling and group skills.
- Ability to use critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to organize patient care demands and to set priorities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all members of the health-care team including patients and families.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated and ongoing commitment to professional development.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner.
WHAT WE OFFER:
If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
HOW TO APPLY:
Think you’re the right person for the job? Here’s your first chance to show us why:
- Please submit a covering letter and resume by visiting nygh.on.ca
- Ensure your contact information and the title of the position to which you are applying is accurate.
- Meet the deadline – only covering letters and resumes received on or before October 22, 2015 will be accepted.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.