HEAD NURSE (Level 5)
Access and Assessment Centre (AAC) Program
Inspire change – be part of VCH’s innovative Mental Health and Substance Use Program!
Our innovative Access and Assessment Centre (AAC) program is actively recruiting for a Head Nurse to join our team! This is a unique opportunity to contribute to leading edge work in community-based treatment and rehabilitation services. As the Head Nurse you will oversee all aspects of resident/client care delivery and daily activities and provide supervision to designated staff and team professionals. This will include continuous communications, conflict resolution, coaching, performance management/recognition, safe work and resident/client transfer practices, workload and staffing issues.
About the AAC
VCH recently launched the innovative AAC program which aims to partner with clients to help them attain a stable life that is not driven by their illness, and is actively recruiting for qualified staff to join our team!
The AAC serves as a single point of access for all Vancouver adults in need of urgent assessments and outreach support, crisis intervention and referral to MH&SU services. Operating 24 hours per day, the AAC will provide better, more easily accessible care and eliminate the need for clients to navigate a complicated system or default to the Emergency Department (ED) to seek help for their urgent mental health and substance use issues.
Accepting applications now for a Head Nurse in AAC!
- Current practicing registration with the CRPNBC / CRNBC is required.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing and/or Bachelors in Psychiatric Nursing.
- Five years recent related experience in an appropriate area of clinical practice within a large complex health organization.
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and resolution skills including three years supervisory leadership experience.
- Experience using a variety of software applications including presentation, word processing, spreadsheet and databases.
To learn more about this and other opportunities please contact Recruitment Advisor Brigitte Relova at Brigitte.Relova@vch.ca.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.